The transport of dangerous goods is subject to specific rules and regulations that vary depending on the transported material and transport vehicle used for its handling. Product knowledge and its mode of transportation is necessary for consistent managing of those regulations in classifying, packaging, marking and labeling of the material itself, ensuring its safe delivery to its destination.
At Grifal laboratories, we are able to provide consulting services for UN certification of your packages by following the strict regulations on the transport of dangerous goods that change depending on the material and transportation vehicles used for handling. Packaging certified UN, is internationally recognized.
Grifal is able to support customers from the planning stages until obtaining certification for the following regulations:
- ADR (Accord européen relatif au tran sport International des marchandises Dangereuses par Route): Transport by Road;
- RID (Règlement concernano le transport International ferroviaire des merchandises Dangereuses): Transport by Rail;
- IMDG (International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code): Transport by Sea;
- ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization): Transport by Air
- IATA (International Air Transport Association).
I regolamenti ADR, RID, IMDG, ed ICAO hanno validità biennale, mentre lo IATA ha valenza annua.
The ADR, RID, IMDG and ICAO regulations are valid for two years, while the IATA are valid for one year.
The purpose of conducting a Bonfire Test is to determine what happens to packaging should it be involved in a fire.
What is this test?
A stack of items is placed on a non-flammable surface (as in the example pictured, a steel lattice), which in turn, is placed on a wooden pattern drenched with sufficient diesel fuel or an equivalent flammable liquid, to feed a fire for 30 minutes.
Then, once the procedure is activated, we observe the consequences which can arise from performing this test, including:
- Detonation of the content;
- Flaring up of content;
- Explosion of content;
- Creation and dispersion of potentially dangerous fragments;
- Thermal effects.
Grifal can verify and certify the integrity and reliability of your product’s packaging. Learn all about ISTA’s test procedures!