How cookies and other similar technologies are used on our websites.
- direct you to the relevant sections of the website;
- ensure that the website has a consistent appearance in different browsers and devices;
- allow the operation of complex areas of the website; and
- keep track of anonymous and aggregated statistical data regarding visits to the website in order to improve performance.
For this purpose, we may install cookies that collect data such as the user’s domain name, the internet service provider, the operating system and the data and time of access.
The following explains the general types of cookie we use and their purpose.
Types of cookies and purposes
- technical cookies: they are used for navigation and to facilitate access and use of the site by the user; they are necessary for the transmission of communications on the electronic network or the supplier to provide the service requested by the customer. The use of technical cookies allows the safe and efficient use of the site;
- session cookies: cookies that expire at the end of the browser session (they start when the user opens the browser window and end when the user exits the browser);
- persistent cookies: cookies that “persist” in the device after the end of the browser session and therefore allow you to store your preferences or user actions for your next visit to the website;
- third-party cookies: tracking cookies used to identify online behavior, understand interests and customize advertising proposals for users.
Third-party analytical cookies can be installed, sent from third-party domains external to the site and which will be used to detect information on user behavior on the Grifal S.p.A. website.
The survey is carried out anonymously in order to monitor the performance and improve the usability of the site.
Most web browsers allow you to control most cookies using your browser settings. The user can set the browser to get a notification every time he receives a cookie; this will allow him to decide whether to accept it or not.
However, if you do not accept a cookie, you may not be able to use all the functionality of your browser software. To learn more about cookies, including how to see their settings and how to manage and remove them, please visit the website http://www.allaboutcookies.org (the link is external).
On this website, we may use Internet tags (also known as web-beacons, action tags, single-pixel GIFs, transparent GIFSs, invisible GIFs and 1-by-1 GIFs) and cookies, and we may do so through a partner of web analytics services located and storing the respective information (including your IP address) in a foreign country. These tags/cookies are located on different pages of this Website. We use this technology to measure user responses to our sites (including how many times a page is opened and what information is being consulted), as well as to evaluate the use of this Website.
Our third-party partners, hosting service providers and/or web analytics service partners may collect data about your use of this Website by virtue of such anonymized internet tags/cookies and may report to us about the activity of this Website and provide further services related to the use of the Website and the Internet. They may provide such information to other parties where this is required by law or if they use other parties to process the data on their behalf.